Monday, October 6, 2008

Peace

Life continues to be a mystery.  I honestly feel that I don't have control over how I feel at times.  i know that God is in control.  Some days it is hard to get out of bed.  As much as I pray things still are tough.  Other days like this past week I have had this unexplainable peace over me.  I am very grateful for it.  I am learning again and again to have my identity in Christ.  I am very much in a period of waiting.  So many things are unfinished or up in the air.  I don't have a job right now.  So it's hard to feel like I am productive. I don't have a man in my life. So I don't have any encouragement in that area.  I don't have my business going so I can't take pride in that.  God is teaching me that even if I never 'did' another thing for Him, He would love just the same.  He loves me simply because I exist.  It is humbling to think about. I can't really fathom it.

These verses have given me great peace:
"Never forget to be truthful and kind.  Hold these virtues tightly.  If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgement and common sense, then trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself.  In everything you do, put God first and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success." Prov. 3:3-6

This seemed like such a common verse, but it holds the basics to following Christ.
Beautiful.

No comments: