Saturday, September 27, 2008

More in New York


1. I was so enamored with rooftops in NY.  They are so fun to hang out on & pretty to look at.


2. Cafe Lalo with John and Mia.  Nice relaxing night in the City, catching up on life.  Such beauty and character in NY. I love that place, esp with weather like that.

3. Spent an afternoon in Bryant Park...they were rebuilding the lawn after Fashion Week.  Then spent sometime with Crystal Bell.  Showed her around SOHO and talked of her adventures and frustrations in NY.  God has so much in store for that girl.  She is quite talented. Also we saw Jennifer Hudson in Penn Station.

4. The Met

So incredible. I wish I could go more often. It is so expansive and so well kept, of course.  I had a great time with Phil talking about the best ways to show/give charity to those less fortunate and taking in magnificent works of art and ancient worlds.  I saw some fabulous jewerly that was made thousands of years ago, in the time of Pharaohs, in the Near East and in greek/roman times.  Amazing details and beautiful stones.  It was such a treat to see how well they are preserved from so long ago.  Also I ate a hot dog for the first time in 10 years.  I was so staving and it was alright.  I hope not to do it again for another 10 years.

The Met has a roof top garden, which surprisingly I have never been up to.  It was incredible and a bit romantic (up top Central Park).  They had some delightful/oversized pieces of art.  This one reminds me of Romeo & Juliet.

This one was so interesting. If you looked straight on you felt that you were looking right through it, but it was a reflection.
Jeff Koons: Cheeky.
Incredible views of the city.  It was the lovelyist of days.  Perfect weather.



5. Dinner Party in Bushwick

Dear friend Philip William Crosby works for Charity:water and lives in Bushwish, Brooklyn. He is such a character.  He invited a few friends over and we all cooked up a fantastic dinner.

On the menu:
1. Salad with Philip made dressing.
2. Organic Spaghetti.
3. Homemade Sauce also Philip. 
4. Bruchetta & Bread, which was to die for.
5. Cream Puffs, Steph Young.
6. Homemade Brownies with Marshmellow icing, Alex's girl.
7. Haagen Daas: Coffee & Carmel Cone, Myself (Naturally)

 As the photo denotes...the party consisted of mostly tall persons. I got to meet some swell new girls...Hannah and Emma.  My dear friend Cheryl was there as my counterpart in shortness but the rest of the lovely ladies were quite tall.  Most of them 5'10 to 6'2.

6. Had such a great time in NYC.  It was relaxing which was nice.  Did a lot of walking and praying. I am blessed.

No comments: