Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Few Things of Late....

1. Honestly I am missing watching the Olympics. We don't have Television channels at my house. It doesn't bother me a bit and it is less of a distraction for me...but during the Olympics I really miss it. I caught some of it the other night at a friends house and it was glorious. Swimming is so amazing. Michael Phelps is my hero.

2. My phone has been acting weird lately.

3. I get to see my friend Lori Beckmen four times this week. I am very happy about that.

4. I leave for Seattle in a week & I can't wait.

5. A new fantastic band for me: Slow Club. You can't be sad when listening to their stuff. Look them up & get ready to sing-a-long...."When I go" & "Me & You"

6. This is one of my favorite passages and often gets me through the rough spots: Lamentations 3:19-24.

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.


23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him
."


Creator you are so beautiful & faithful to us.....

No comments: