Monday, March 2, 2009

Psalm 63

A Psalm of David when he was hiding in the wilderness of Judea:

"O GOD, My God! How I search for you!  How I thirst for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.  How I long to find you!  How I wish I could go into your sanctuary to see your strength and glory, for your love and kindness are better to me than life itself.  How I praise you!  I will bless you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.  At last I shall be fully satisfied; I will praise you with great joy.

I lie awake at night thinking of you--of how much you have helped me--and how I rejoice through the night beneath the protecting shadow of your wings.  I follow close behind you, protected by your strong right arm.  But those plotting to destroy me shall go down to the depths of hell.  They are doomed to die by the sword, to become the food of jackals.  But I will rejoice in God.  All who trust in him exult, while liars shall be silenced."

No comments: