Tuesday, March 24, 2009

38 to 72

Those were the temps today in Sacramento. Yes very bizarre and not quite normal.  Just like my life lately.  This month has been wonderful and weird in so many ways.  I have been working a lot. 5 shows in one month.  I think that is record for my job and I have been on them all.  So I am thankful to my Creator for these opportunities and to pay off some debt, but it has made a bit of a hectic life.  Which brings me to be thankful for the life I have in Orlando, which I love and roommates, Jana & Mea, which I miss when I am gone.  (side note: Had Starbucks Chai today which did not hold a candle to Jana's and reinforces why I never get Starbucks.) Furthermore, I have been feeling things pretty strongly as of late.  Got an issue weighing on my heart that has been there for a while, but it is now decision time.  Not quite sure how to approach it, but feel like now is the time.  Felt a bit "sick" at Caroline's wedding.  Very sad not to be able to interact with people.  Just like Carol & Mish everything was Classy and to the T, but the ceremony turned into a sermon, which did not honor them in anyway.  Sad Story. And unfortunately the wedding being outside in March was a bit frigid for all the sweet girls in classy dresses. Also a bit sad for my character in some ways that I feel giving in to the idle talk that surrounds.  Now in Cali for a bit of a monstrosity of events.  The mantra of just taking one day/one problem at a time has been really helpful for me.  Also it has been such a blessing to be around the people I have been.  It can be a mostly stress free environment if we make it.  Which is what I like, but need to learn to love those that like to create drama, because I don't Love like I should and I am well aware of that.  I have been trying to memorize Ps 103 and one part says, "He is merciful and tender towards those who don't deserve it; He is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love." Not quite there. Easyish to love those that are easy to love, but haven't gotten the hang of kindness towards those I find obnoxious and annoying.  Which for me, is not very hard. Boo on that. I am still in awe that He does extend Love to me even though I don't deserve it.  I win.

1 comment:

drewplaysdrums said...

Wow.

I'm sorry things are hectic, but it definitely sounds like quite an adventure. I realized that I know you better from your blogs than I do from real life, even though I have "known" (of) you in real life for far longer.

Anyway, you seem like a pretty awesome person. best of luck in memorizing 103.