Friday, January 9, 2009

Faithful.

"I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  Ezekiel 34:26

So this was the verse for Jan 8th the day after I found out that I was going to Hawaii.  It is, of course, spot on as to what I was feeling about the miracle of going.  But the interesting thing is God's timing.  I had looked at the verse the day before as a preview for the next day.  I had thought not many pleasant thoughts about this verse, because the day before I was not being showered with blessings.  Things have been pretty tough lately, not to mention very tight with money.  So it was such a blessing to know that I was going to Hawaii.  Not only because it's Hawaii, but because it is a double show and I will be able to pay my bills and pay off some of my debt.  This is so huge for me as I had to be totally relying on God.  I felt I have been going through a dark time in life the past month or so.   In my life I have noticed that when it rains, it pours and when it's dry it's REALLY dry.  I know this to be true and during this time lately it was like I was banging my head against the wall.  I would pray day after day and nothing was happening.  It reminds me of the time in Daniel when he prayed and the Lord said when you prayed I sent the answer immediately, but it took three weeks to get there.  So I want to be able to see the purpose of when God provides the things that we need.  I, of course, want everything right now, but I guess I know that He knows best as to when is the right timing for me.  I want to continue to believe that God is like a Father who loves to give good gifts to His Children and that HE has the ultimate and best for me.

No comments: