Monday, February 8, 2010

National Prayer Breakfast

Came to VA this year for the National Prayer Breakfast. What a lovely/encouraging time. It is incredible to hear what God is doing the World OVER. He is Master planner, provider, life-giving and most of all LOVER.

DC is an incredible place to be. Most everyone there is thinking about the MACRO picture, while I am more into my MICRO life. So many that you meet are CEO of this, Working for this NGO, a part of our Government, super-star Celebrity or Presiding over lots of important things. I must admit to having to remind myself that God made me: Dana, exactly how He wanted me and what I do is just as important, wether I am affecting one person or a hundred million people.

Heard some incredible speakers. Ate ridiculously good food. Met an insane amount of people. Thanks to my Dad: Brian Grady Roquemore. A Best Dad to me.

On a side note. First year the White House was in charge (for what reason I know not) of appointing the Keynote speaker and Guest List. The Keynote was supposed to be the Dalai Lama. And a lot of regular Christian Leaders were un-invited. Huh. This is a Christian Event. This would be the first time that the Keynote would be a non believer in Jesus Christ as Savior. He couldn't make it at the last minute so Hillary Clinton stepped in. Who know if she is a believer: only God can judge, but her speech was SO jammed packed with Religious BullS**t I could hardly listen. Talking about how all religions aim for the same thing and all have good points and are all pointing to the same thing. The Same thing my Arse. There is an Enemy in this World. Do not be fooled.

Overall a most lovely time. Seeing old Friends. Meeting New Ones. Also glad to have brother James with me. Great for inside jokes and the waiting while my Dad is talking to every last person possible.

No comments: